5 Things to Pray For Your Church
|Publisher||Good Book Company|
We long for God to be working in our church fellowship, and we know we're meant to be praying for our church. But often when it comes to it, we don't quite know what to ask for. Or we feel our requests to God are shallow, repetitive and stuck in a rut.
That's where this little book is designed to help. It will equip you to pray powerful prayers for your church family—prayers that really change things, because they're based on God's word.
Each spread takes a passage of Scripture and suggests 5 things to pray for an aspect of church life. Because when we pray in line with God's priorities as found in his word, our prayers are powerful and effective (James 5 v 16)—and that's a truly thrilling prospect.
Use this book in any number of ways: work through it as part of your daily quiet time, or pick it up whenever someone you know is in particular need of prayer.
- Praying that my church would...
- 1. Remember what we are
- 2. Be a body growing in maturity
- 3. Be devoted to one another
- 4. Love and serve one another
- 5. Hold to the truth
- 6. Make known God’s glory
- 7. Give generously
- Praying that I would...
- 8. Use my gifts well
- 9. Persevere when I get weary
- 10. Be who my family need me to be
- Praying for people in my church
- 11. A church leader
- 12. My small group
- 13. Children’s work
- 14. The youth work
- 15. Not-yet-Christians
- 16. Mercy ministries
- 17. The elderly
- Praying for the universal church
- 18. Another church in our area
- 19. Our mission partner
- 20. The global church
- 21. The unreached