5 Things to Pray for Your City PBBy: Melissa Kruger
|Publisher||Good Book Company|
Our cities are full of people, full of needs, and bursting with opportunity. The United Nations estimates that 60% of the world's population will live in cities by 2030.
Urban churches have the world on our doorstep. But if we want to see God work in our cities and through our churches, we need to pray.
That's where this little book is designed to help. It will enlarge your vision and equip you to pray passionately and powerfully for the salvation and renewal of your city.
Each chapter takes a passage of Scripture and suggests 5 things to pray for an area of city life. Because when we pray in line with God's priorities as found in his word, our prayers are powerful and effective (James 5 v 16)—and that's a truly thrilling prospect.
Use this book to:
• Guide your prayers during your personal quiet times
• Equip church members to pray meaningfully for your city
• Help you prepare expressive public intercessions for church
• Fuel your church prayer meeting
• Initiate and take part in a city-wide prayer movement
- Foreword and series introduction
- INTRODUCTION: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- Life in the City:
- Justice in the city:
- Economic and social integration
- Crime and gangs
- Marginalized people
- Race and integration
- Church in the city:
- A prayerful church
- A holy church
- A global church
- A diverse and united church
- A growing church
- Witness in the city:
- The salvation of the city,
- Young people
- Older people
- Heavenly city