Complete Surrender: Biography Of Eric Liddell PB
The inspiring biography of Eric Liddell, the man behind the Olympic gold medal and Chariots of Fire.
Eric Liddell, the Scottish 400 m Olympic champion from the 1924 Olympic Games in Paris was immortalized in the Oscar-winning film Chariots of Fire. His refusal to race on a Sunday is now legendary.
His story, however, goes far beyond the restrictions of a 2-hour movie. This vivid biography recounts the highs and lows of Liddell's athletics career, and uncovers his life after the Olympics as a missionary, and internment camp prisoner, in war-torn China. Drawing upon interviews with Liddell's surviving family and friends, Julian Wilson brings Eric to life through fascinating anecdotes, reminiscences, extracts from his letters and rare photographs.
Discover the secret behind Eric Liddell's enduring legacy - the complete surrender of his life to God.
Content Benefits:Read this fascinating biography of Eric Liddell and discover the man behind the Olympic gold medal.
- A biography of Eric Liddell
- Charts Eric's athletic career and appearance at the Olympic Games
- Reveals the faith of Eric and explores his life as a missionary
- Includes interviews from Liddell's family and friends
- Updated cover and inclusion in the Classic Authentic Lives Series helps bring Liddell's story to a new generation
- Perfect for anyone who wants to learn from the 'heroes of the faith'
- Ideal for anyone who loves biographies