Perfect Sinners: See Yourself as God Sees You
|Publisher||Good Book Company|
How am I meant to feel as a Christian?
You can go to an evangelical church on a Sunday and be told: "Christian, you are loved by God, no matter what you've done. God could not love you more than he does." You can go to another evangelical church and be told: "You're a wretched sinner". The emphasis can feel very different, and yet both churches are teaching truth.
Holding both truths together in balance can be tricky but it's essential for healthy Christian living. Overemphasising one at the expense of the other causes all sorts of problems.
Perfect Sinners will help us keep the balance, as we distinguish between our "status" before God and our "walk" with him.
- Intro: What does God think of me?
- 1. How can God love me when he hates sin?
- 2. How strong does my faith need to be?
- 3. Does God only love me because he has to?
- 4. Does God's love for me vary?
- 5. Will God still love me if I never obey him?
- 6. Should I ever feel guilty?
- 7. Does God reward us differently?
- 7.5. But does God really still love me?
- 8. Why is change so slow?
- 9. Why are believers warned not to fall away?
- 10. How do I enjoy greater assurance of God's love?
- Final Word: Perfection is eternal – sin is not